The Holy SpiritOctober 14, 2017
NoahAugust 27, 2018
Five Lessons of Wisdom we can take from Abigail:
- She realized that David was a holy man and what his God was capable of. “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom and the knowledge of the holy is understanding” (Proverbs 9:10).
- She avoided conflict. “A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident” (Proverbs 14:16).
- She worked quietly to resolve the problem.
“A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards” (Proverbs 29:11).
- She put her understanding into actionand offered a gift to David.
“He that gathereth in summer is a wise son: but he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame” (Proverbs 10:5).
- She reaped the rewards that come to those who are wise, when she became David’s wife.
“The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools.” (Proverbs 3:35)